03/27/2023 “Simple, Healthy, and Delicious Baked Apples” By Kaylee McGrath
No need to say more…. this dessert is delicious and perfect to serve when you have guests over. Very simple to make. Try it, you will LOVE it!
Yields: 4 serving(s)
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, diced and softened
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
6 tbsp. light brown sugar
1/4 c. dried cranberries
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
4 medium honeycrisp or cortlandt apples
1/4 c. apple cider
2 tbsp. honey
Ice cream, 1 big scoop for each serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Combine the butter, oats, sugar, cranberries, cinnamon, and salt with your fingertips in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
2. Using a paring knife, cut out the core and stem of each apple, leaving the bottom about 1/2-inch of the apple intact. Using a small spoon or grapefruit spoon, scoop out any remaining core and seeds to form about a 3 tablespoons cavity in each apple.
3. Stuff each apple with an equal amount of the oat mixture.
4. Pour the apple cider and honey into the bottom of a pie plate; whisk to combine.
5. Arrange the apples, crumb side up, in the pie plate.
6. Bake until the apples are tender when pierced with a fork, 30 to 40 minutes, basting the sides of the apples (avoiding oat filling) every 15 minutes with apple cider mixture from the bottom of the pie plate.
7. Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream.
Source of Information: Various Google Searches
Until Next Week, Stay Safe and Well!